Don’t just sit there
Our day to day lives have changed a lot in the past 50 years. Changes in technology have meant that most of us spend a lot of our day sitting or being sedentary.
The problems beginning to appear include increased incidence of heart disease, diabetes 2, obesity, to name the top contenders.
Quick and Easy Pumpkin Soup
So easy the kids can make this one.
- 1kg of Jap or Kent pumpkin
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2-4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pinch of cracked pepper – to taste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- water to just cover
- fresh coriander leaves -finely chopped
- sour cream or yoghurt to serve
At last the nights are cool and occasionally we are reaching for a vest or coat as we venture out at night.
The well-known habit of eating a rainbow of colour can easily be transferred to the Autumn plate
My 5 tips best tips to help you eat healthily and live a vibrant, healthy life this Autumn season.